Saturday, August 1, 2009

Working Weekend! + Wifey in China!

There are good and bad about working on weekends. The benefit of it is that I get to ignore every other possibility of moving around and chain myself to the desk. And because there is much less to do during the weekend, I get to do my own things at the company expense. (Shhh..!!! can't let my boss know that!) On the other hand, the bad thing about it is that it is darn boring, feels like as if I am wasting my precious weekends.

Anyway, as of now, I am glad that I finally get to sit down and write something. Boy, has it been a while since my last entry!

I was having a great time during my wife's visit here in C
hina. Get to see her and my baby girl who is still hiding herself from me inside her mother's womb. Thinking of it now, I really can't wait to see her in November. I supposed that's one of the joy of becoming a father, huh? I am very delighted to feel her heartbeat and her movements inside her mommy's womb for the first time. Sometimes, she even tries kicking, as if she knows that I am right next to mommy's tummy, listening to her heartbeat. Look! Look! Faster put your hand here! it's kicking again! Can you feel it? I remembered my wife said it to me while I lay my palm over her tummy and feel the liveliness inside. It's unbelievably awesome!

Speaking of Beijing and Tianjin, my wife and I just went there for a "family trip". It was really nice. The weather was not at its best but it was nice. This time around, the feeling was entirely different. Feels like a family. Haha! I was enjoying the whole journey. We have conquered one of the world's 7 wonders - the Great Wall of China! Been to the Tiananmen and the Forbidden City, well, didn't really tour the entire Forbidden City, only did a brief walk. Our feet were tired and the weather had gone bad when we were in it (good excuse not to walk the whole City huh? :P) The Birdnest and the Watercube were magnificient, Wang Fu Jing walking street was boring, except for the branching
food street which hosts a lot of the exotic bugs-lizards-scorpians-etc-etc food sticks, Tian Tan park was nice as it offers a lot of eye-catchy and ear-pleasing activities - Dances, music, traditionaly Chinese comic dialogue etc etc, mostly for art appreciation.

Check out my Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FattyCoke for more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment